10th December 2017
APPOINTMENT OF NEW CHAIRMAN
The appointment of the new chairman for MDM was announced in the business section of The Star, 4th September 2003.
The article is reproduced below:
Medical Defence Malaysia Bhd has appointed Tan Sri Dr Abu Bakar Suleiman as chairman effective June 26.
He succeeds Dr Eddie Soo Fook Mun who has been appointed executive director with effect from the same date while Dr Richard Veerapen continues as deputy chairman.
Abu Bakar obtained his Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery from Monash University, Australia in 1968 and a Master of Medicine from University of Singapore in 1974.
A member of The Royal Australian College of Physicians, and an honorary fellow of the American College of Physicians, he began his career as a medical officer with the Health Ministry in 1969 and subsequently completed his training in Internal Medicine before becoming a consultant physician with the Department of Nephrology of Hospital Kuala Lumpur.
In 1975, he was visiting fellow to the Division of Nephrology of Georgetown University Hospital, Washington DC as well as Prince Henry's Hospital of Melbourne, Australia.
The following year, he returned to be the head of the Department of Nephrology of Hospital Kuala Lumpur.
Abu Bakar was the Director General of Health from 1991 to 2001.
• Case Note 2007 (29th Nov 2007)
• PITFALLS IN SPINAL SURGERY (13th Feb 2007)
• PITFALLS IN BRAIN SURGERY AND SPINAL SURGERY (7th Jan 2007)
• ANNUAL REPORT 2005 (12th Feb 2006)
• HEALTH TOURISM (9th Feb 2006)
• Doctors Mangled By "Justice" (15th Jan 2004)
• PATIENTS' VIEWS (21st Oct 2003)
• Patient Safety/Clinical Risk/Medical Error (8th Oct 2003)
• NOTICE TO MEMBERS (30th Sep 2003)
• CASE STUDIES (30th Sep 2003)
• Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) (30th Sep 2003)
• APPOINTMENT OF NEW CHAIRMAN (25th Sep 2003)
• Annual Report for MDM (27th Jan 2003)
• STORAGE, PRESCRIPTION AND DISPENSING OF DRUGS (5th Mar 2002)
• ADVICE TO MEMBERS (5th Mar 2002)
• THE DOCTOR AS RESCUER, GOOD SAMARITAN OR VOLUNTEER (20th Jan 2002)
|© 2001 - 2017 Medical Defence Malaysia Bhd.
(540548-X) All Rights Reserved