WELCOME TO MEDICAL DEFENCE MALAYSIA BERHAD. We are a "not-for-profit" company limited by guarantee, functioning as a mutual medical defence organisation that aims to provide support in areas such as medico-legal counselling and the development of educational resources.
To find out more about us, click on "About MDM Bhd".
• DOWNLOAD ENROLMENT FORM
PRIMARY AIMS & OBJECTIVES
- To Protect, support and safeguard the character and interests of legally qualified health care practitioners.
- To Function as a 'not for profit' organisation. MDM therefore does not build into its subscription the profit margin sought by commercial insurers hence enabling it to provide cover at highly competitive rates.
- To Indemnify and financially or otherwise assist members with regard to damages, charges, costs and other expenses which may have been incurred or sustained by them as a result of proceedings claims or demands.
- To Allow for a choice of legal representation for its members, from amongst a panel of reputable local law firms with proven expertise in the specialized field of medical law.
- To Provide facilities such as conference rooms for conducting arbitration, training sessions, talks and programmes to upgrade technical and other skills or for any other purposes of MDM.
- To Originate, and support improvements in the law which may seem directly or indirectly in keeping with the purposes of the company. It also seeks to develop a forum for debate regarding alternative forms of dispute resolution (ADR) encompassing arbitration and mediation, in order to ensure rapid justice for patients and doctors.